Friday, October 11, 2013
ECoR TO CANCEL LOCAL PASSENGER TRAINS IN VIEW OF EXPECTED CYCLONE:
SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE PASSENGERS BY ECoR TO COPE WITH CYCLONE
In view of expected cyclone, East Coast Railway has geared up its resources for the convenience of the passengers. Special Relief Trains have been planned to be run to the disaster affected areas carrying relief and restoration materials. Apart from this, Extra Diesel Engines have been requisitioned in case there is a problem in running long distance Electric trains. Railway administration has also made special arrangements to facilitate the passengers during any unexpected situation.
For the above Relief and restoration work, it has been planned to regulate and cancel local passenger trains between Visakhapatnam and Bhadrak in Howrah-Chennai Main Line and to Paradeep, Puri, Angul, Talcher in branch line on 12th October 2013. The following trains are:
01. 58415/58416 Puri-Cuttack-Puri passenger.
02. 58402/58405 /78507/78508 Paradeep-Cuttack passenger
03. 58406 Cuttack-Paradeep passenger
04. 58417/58418 Puri-Gunupur-Puri passenger
05. 58132 Puri-Rourkela passenger
06. 58416 Puri-Cuttack passenger
07. 58423/58424/58435/58436 Bhadrak-Cuttack-Bhadrak Passenger
08.78501/78502 Cuttack-Palasa-Cuttack passenger
09.78419/78420 Palasa-Bhubaneswar-Palasa passenger
10.78411/78412 Bhubaneswar-Chhatrapur-Bhubaneswar Passenger
12. 67294/67293 Visakhapatnam-Palasa-Visakhapatnam MEMU
13. 67291/67292 Visakhapatnam-Vizianagaram-Visakhapatnam MEMU
14.58407/58409 Khurda Road-Puri Passenger
15.58413 Talcher-Puri passenger
16.58422 Angul-Puri passenger
17.78407 Bhadrak-Bhubaneswar Passenger
18.58425 Kendujhargarh-Bhubaneswar Passenger
19.58419 Palasa-Gunupur passenger
20. 58433 Cuttack-Brahmapur passenger
21. 18414/18413 Puri-Paradeep-Puri Express
22. 18416 Puri-Barbil Express
23. 58002 Puri-Santragachhi passenger
24. 58006/58005 Khurda Road-Kharagpur-Khurda Road passenger.
Apart from this, ECoR has opened Emergency Control manned by senior officials round the clock at major places to co-ordinate smooth running of trains, additional Refund Counters and Special Enquiry counters have also been opened, Special catering service is being planned to be provided at major stations and on board in various trains by deputing additional staff etc..